My fellow Sons,
- Past Detachment Commander Michael Fox has been elected as the National Commander for 2021 – 2022 year
- Past Detachment Area 6 Commander, Charles Curtis is now the National
- Past National Commander and Dual Member Michael Seaton is now chairman of the new National American Legion SAL Oversight Committee
- Past National Commander, Gene Sacco was appointed by the American Legion to serve as a consultant to the SAL Oversight Committee and also is a member of the National CENTCOM Committee
- Past National Commander, Robert Faust is serving on the 50th Convention Anniversary Committee
- Tim Aboudara, Sr. is a Liaison to the SAL National Americanism Commission and Michael’s point-man for the Flying Flags For Heroes special project country-wide
- Past Detachment Commander Matt Parsons, is the Chairman of the Media and Public Relations Commission
- Past Detachment Commander and National Executive Committeeman Mark Severance is serving as Chief of Staff for Michael Fox
- Past Detachment Commander, National Vice Commander – West and current National Executive Committeeman Ned Fox is chairing the Western Area National Vice Commander Candidate Committee
- Past 3rd Area Vice Commander Ken Sutton is a member of the National Internal Affairs Commission
- Within the Detachment our Junior Vice Commander and Americanism Chairman Sean Brandon will be heading up the Flying Flags for Heroes effort.
The Americanism Commission will be leading the charge as the Detachment works to achieve a goal of placing 100,000 flags this year and will need everyone’s help.
My hope is that we can emerge from the devastating effects of the past 18 months, stronger and eager to move forward as a Detachment. Our last Commander had to deal with a shutdown of our state as well as many Posts and because of that many of his goals for this Detachment were put on hold. With this organization facing an unprecedented shut down I do wish to commend him for keeping the Detachment together and operational.
I can’t help but be optimistic about what this year will bring for the Detachment; with newer and younger officer being elected to the Detachment Executive Committee I anticipate the introduction of innovative ideas. With the introduction of updated technology and new perspectives addressing issues that have plagued our Detachment in past years and working in conjunction with the experience of our existing officers I foresee great things ahead.
Detachment of CA.: